Vista Chamber of Commerce Impact in the Community
The Vista Chamber of Commerce has had a large impact on the local community for many years. Back in the 1920’s the Chamber helped start the Vista Irrigation District, which brought water to the area and sparked the first economic boom for the community. In the 1960’s it partnered with the Oceanside and Carlsbad Chambers to form the Tri-City Hospital district, which brought world-class health care to our region. In addition, in the 1960’s, the Chamber led the push to incorporate our local community into a city so as to better serve its citizens.
The Chamber’s impact in the local community today is extremely broad. We are proud to contribute to the overall health and success of Vista.
Here are some of the areas we have served in the past 12 months.
- Board Members served on the VUSD High School Transformational Task Force
- Board Members serve on the VUSD Blueprint Construction Network
- 3 Board Members and Chamber CEO received Commendation from VUSD for participation in Service Learning projects in 2015
- Chamber CEO served on the City of Vista Downtown Specific Plan Update Committee
- Chamber CEO serves on the Tri-City Medical Center Community Health Alliance Committee
- Chamber CEO is on the Leadership Council for the Vista Partnership for Children
The Chamber gave money away to several different organizations in 2015:
- $3,000 to Angel’s Depot from its Annual Golf Tournament
- $8,000 in scholarships to 8 Rising Stars (local High School graduates)
- Over $25,000 to Vista Education Foundation from Heroes of Vista
- Over $1,500 to Solutions for Change from the Vista Strawberry Run
- Over $2,500 to Vista Schools from the Vista Strawberry Run
- Over $700 to the Vista Skatepark Coalition from the Vista Business Expo
The Vista Chamber of Commerce and Board of Directors look forward to continuing to effectively impact our incredible Vista Community.
Chairman of the Board
EDCO Waste & Recycling